Position:Public Health Nurse II – School Health Liaison
Position Status:Temporary/Full-Time with Benefits thru June 30, 2023
Salary Range:$46,812.09 – $66,144.26
Opening Date:June 29, 2022
Closing Date:July 13, 2022
An employee in this class performs intermediate level professional nursing work in the coordination of COVID-19 screening, testing, and vaccine administration efforts, and in coordinating with other school health/public health services. Duties are performed with a degree of independence within the framework of standard routines, policies, and procedures. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Assistant Health Director.
• Coordinates school health efforts between Public Health and Alexander County Schools (ACS).
• Conducts ongoing evaluation of cooperative efforts and collaborates.
• Serves as the Health Department liaison for the School Health Program.
• Participates in the Alexander County School Health Advisory Committee (SHAC).
• Coordinates shared activities related to COVID-19 testing programs in schools and related response to test results and mitigation efforts.
• Coordinates investigation and/or follow-up of other reportable communicable disease events.
• Participates in procedure development for response to communicable disease outbreaks in schools.
• Coordinates local media response in conjunction with school administration regarding communicable disease events and efforts in schools.
• Provides Vaccine Information Statements (VIS) to schools and encourages on-site clinic opportunities.
• Coordinates vaccine, medical supplies, and documentation supplies for clinics.
• Assures completion of vaccine administration processes through data entry.
• Coordinates the availability of OSHA-required vaccines for identified school staff through LHD clinics and the billing of LEA for required services.
• Acts as a resource to the Lead Nurses/designees for OSHA Blood Borne Pathogens training and incidents in schools.
• Ensures local school nurses are included in educational and workshop opportunities related to school health program needs, including disaster response.
• Facilitates ‘read only’ access to the North Carolina Immunization Registry for county school nurses.
• Ensures local school nurses review and sign the LHD Annual Confidentiality Statement, and compliance with HIPAA and FERPA in coordinated activities.
• Graduation from a four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing which includes a Public Health Nursing rotation and one year of Public Health Nursing experience; or
• Graduation from a school of professional nursing and two years of professional nursing experience, including one year of public health nursing experience; or
• An equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Valid NC driver’s license.
Applications may be filed online at www.alexandercountync.gov or by mail to Alexander County Human Resources, 621 Liledoun Road, Taylorsville, NC 28681.