!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
ASG opposes Aryan Khan’s bail
ASG states that bail should not be granted to Aryan, on the grounds that he will tamper with evidence. ASG argues, “He (Aryan Khan) is not a first time consumer. The evidence placed on record shows he is a regular consumer of contraband since last few years.”
The Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority (ACAA) called on Pakistan’s PIA and Afghanistan’s Kam Air airlines to lower Kabul-Islamabad airfare back to pre-August 15 rates. The ACAA threatened to stop flights between Kabul and Islamabad if the airlines do not comply: TOLO News
A Mumbai Court is currently hearing the bail applications of Aryan Khan and others
- The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), in its reply, filed in the special court said that the agency’s investigation has revealed Aryan Khan’s role in illicit procurement and distribution of contraband.
- The agency further said that Aryan Khan used to procure drugs from Arbaaz Merchant who was found in possession of six grams of charas during the raid.
- A total of 20 people, including two Nigerian nationals, have been arrested so far in the case related to the seizure of drugs following a raid at a party on the Cordelia cruise ship off the Mumbai coast on October 2.
In apparent message to govt, BJP MP Varun Gandhi shares on Twitter a clip of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s speech in support of farmers
Wise words from a big-hearted leader… https://t.co/xlRtznjFAx
— Varun Gandhi (@varungandhi80) 1634192165000
Today, distinction between the role of men and women in warfighting is blurring…Women have proved their mettle in combat roles such as fighter pilots, paratroopers, submarines. They will continue to do so in future, too
– CDS Bipin Rawat
Nora Fatehi reaches ED office
#WATCH | Delhi: Nora Fatehi reaches the Enforcement Directorate (ED) office to join the investigation in connection… https://t.co/HUhUoeM2t1
— ANI (@ANI) 1634196867000
DoT approves 31 proposals under telecom production-linked scheme, entailing Rs 3,345 crore investment: Official note
India’s September total domestic passenger car sales 64,235 units, down 60.8% Y/Y
Actress Nora Fatehi has been summoned by the Enforcement Directorate in connection with the money laundering case against Sukesh Chandrasekar and Leena Paul.
Fuel and power prices rose 24.81% in September year-on-year compared with 26.09% in August, while manufactured product prices rose 11.41% compared with 11.39% in the previous month.
WPI inflation in September eases to 10.66% from 11.39% in August
CM Arvind Kejriwal writes to LG Anil Baijal to allow Chhath puja celebrations, says Covid situation under control in Delhi.
India has vaccinated over 96 crore (96,82,20,997) people till 7 am today: Latest Govt data
Mizoram reports 1,028 new COVID cases, positivity rate at 12.81%
Southern Railway collects Rs 35.47 crores as penalties from passengers for various offences during travelling between April 2021 to 12th October 2021
Rs 1.63 crores was recovered as fine for not wearing face masks
Pune Airport to remain shut from Oct 16-29 for maintenance
Petrol, diesel prices rise after two-day pause
- Petrol prices increased by Rs 0.35 paise to Rs 104.79 per litre in the national capital while the price of diesel was raised by the same amount to Rs 93.52 per litre.
- In Mumbai, popularly known as the financial of India, petrol prices were raised by Rs 0.34 to Rs 110.75 per litre, and diesel by Rs 0.37 to Rs 101.4 per litre.
Aryan Khan and 5 others shifted to the common cell from quarantine barrack in the jail after their Covid report came negative, says Nitin Waychal superintendent of Arthur Road Jail
India, US Joint Military Training Exercise “Ex Yudh Abhyas 2021” will be conducted at Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson, Alaska (USA) from 15 to 29 October: Ministry of Defence
Andaman & Nicobar reports 2 new COVID-19 cases
Idol immersions shall not be allowed in any public places including the river Yamuna during the forthcoming Durga Pooja: Delhi Pollution Control Committee
Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya meets Manmohan Singh at AIIMS, enquires about his health.
Rupee gains 12 paise to 75.25 against US dollar in early trade.
Of 18,987 new Covid-19 cases and 246 deaths in India in last 24 hours, 11,079 cases and 9,972 recoveries were reported in Kerala yesterday.
“We welcome President Ram Nath Kovind to the Union Territory of Ladakh,” tweets the office of Lt Governor, Ladakh.
Narendra Modi on Manmohan Singh’s health
I pray for the good health and speedy recovery of Dr. Manmohan Singh Ji.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1634185418000
Price of petrol & diesel in Delhi is at Rs 104.79 per litre & Rs 93.52 per litre respectively today.
Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur achieves the target of fully vaccinating 100% of its eligible population
“Kinnaur is the first district across the country to achieve this feat. We’ve achieved our target of vaccinating all the eligible population: Kinnaur DC Abid Hussain Sadiq
India: Latest Covid updates
- 19,808 Covid recoveries in last 24 hours
- Total cases at 3,40,20,730
- Active cases: 2,06,586
- Total recoveries: 3,33,62,709
- Death toll: 4,51,435
- Total Vaccination: 96,82,20,997 (35,66,347 in last 24 hrs)
India’s Covid tally rises to 3,40,20,730 with 18,987 new cases; 246 more fatalities push death toll to 4,51,435: Govt
Active COVID-19 cases in India decline to 2,06,586: Union Health Ministry
India reports 18,987 new covid-19 cases in last 24 hours : Govt data
Maharashtra: 275 new COVID-19 cases, 4 deaths reported in last 24 hours in Thane
Sensex rallies 331.49 pts to fresh lifetime high of 61,068.54 in opening session; Nifty jumps 119.75 pts to record 18,281.50
Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation Amit Shah will lay the foundation stone of the National Forensic Sciences University in Dharbandora, Goa
A total of 58,76,64,525 samples tested up to October 13. Of these, 13,01,083 samples were tested yesterday: Indian Council of Medical Research
Drug in Cruise ship case
- Pune city police issued a Lookout Notice against Kiran Gosai. The notice prevents him from flying outside the country, says Pune City Police Commissioner Amitabh Gupta
- Gosai is a witness in the Cruise ship raid case, according to Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB)
Global Covid-19 caseload tops 239 mn
- The deaths have surged to more than 4.87 million and vaccinations soared to over 6.53 billion, according to the Johns Hopkins University.
- The US continues to be the worst-hit country with the world’s highest number of cases and deaths at 44,681,561 and 719,515, according to the CSSE.
- In terms of infections, India follows in the second place with 34,001,743 cases.
Sukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan’s bail plea hearing in drug case to continue today
Australia’s COVID-19 cases smash daily record
Australia has recorded its highest ever daily increase of COVID-19 cases on Thursday, with a spike of almost 2,750 new cases in three separate outbreaks.
Tamil Nadu reports 1,280 new COVID-19 cases, 19 deaths
Assam reports 175 new COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths in last 24 hrs
Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has predicted heavy to very heavy rainfall at isolated places over Karnataka for the next three days.
Former PM Manmohan Singh’s condition now stable: ANI
India may achieve 100 Cr covid vaccination target today and Centre plans big event to mark the occasion: IANS
Tamil Nadu set to be 1st State to give children aged 2-18 years vaccine after experts’ approval: State Health Minister M Subramaniam
Kerala cabinet gives nod for relief of Rs 5000 per month for BPL families of COVID-19 deceasedSchools to reopen in Leh for Classes 9 to 12 from October 14
Visuals from Bengaluru
Karnataka: BTM Layout, HSR Layout, Anugraha Layout, and Madiwala localities flooded due to overflowing of Madiwala… https://t.co/YFEE6unCdg
— ANI (@ANI) 1634170904000