Montclair State University Administration is sharing this information with you on behalf of University researchers. The researchers are conducting these studies as part of their research and scholarship at the University. The research is voluntary and students are not obligated to participate. The University administration does not track any individual data you might provide within the context of the research studies.
New: Studies Open to All Students
Fiber Intake Among College Students At Montclair State University (IRB-FY20-21-2119)
- The purpose of this survey is to assess whether fiber intake differs among freshman, sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students at Montclair State University.
- Eligibility: All students 18 years or older are eligible to participate.
Impact of Quality and Frequency of Breakfast on Mood Among Adults (IRB-FY20-21-2120)
The purpose of this study is to look at the role that quality and frequency of breakfast food intake has on mood. Through this study, we would like to learn how our moods may be influenced by the foods we consume, especially those during breakfast. The survey is designed to look at the intake of breakfast foods and the person’s perceived mood. The survey will take about 10-15 minutes to complete and you will be asked a series of questions about your food intake and perceived mood.
• Eligibility: Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible to take the study, student or not.
New: Study Open to Students with Children
COVID-19 & Child Screen Time (IRB-FY20-21-2014)
- We hope to learn how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted children’s activity levels. This survey will take about 30 minutes to complete. You will be asked questions about your child regarding their physical activity and screen time before and during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Eligibility: Montclair State students who have a child that is currently aged 6-12 years.
New: Study Open to All Undergraduate Students
College Students’ Perceptions of Risk & Prevention of COVID-19 (IRB-FY20-21-1881)
The purpose of this qualitative research study is to determine the dietary beliefs and prevention of coronavirus among college students enrolled at MSU. Participation in this research study can benefit the northeast college community by empowering health professionals and educators serving this population. In addition, participants can benefit from this study by gaining insights on their health beliefs related to COVID-19.
As an incentive for participating in this study, you will receive a $10.00 Starbuck’s gift card. The interview will be held on Zoom. The interview will be approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
Eligibility: Full-time undergraduate college student at MSU between the ages of 18 and 29 years of age, living in New Jersey.
If you are interested in participating in this study, please email Dr. Doreen Liou at firstname.lastname@example.org.